What Do You Require?
To Count Calories, you need the following:
1. Journal - With a Journal, you can record what you are eating and about how many calories you are taking in. You can take notes in your journal that can help your meal planning.
2. Calorie Counter or a Book on Calories - lists the calories for many supermarket items including beef, chicken, fruits, and vegetables. This way, you have a good idea on what you are eating.
What Should You Do At the Supermarket?
In the supermarket, your packaged items roster the ingredients and the calories. Be mindful of the calories per serving and how a number of servings are in the package. Your total number of calories will be the number of servings times the calories per serving.
With chicken, fish and other foods, you may want to portion out your meals. Six chicken breasts in a package possibly could be used for six different meals. By portioning the food, your purchase may last longer.
Finally, at the supermarket, you can buy your fruits and vegetables. You can make use of fruits and vegetables at every meal, including snacks. Use your calorie counter to determine the calories for each item.
What Need You Do, When You Dine Out?
Eating out possibly could be a nightmare. Restaurants are not geared for weight loss. Many dinner portions contain much more than what you need. When ordering, you need to ask a lot of questions. Some things to glance at include:
1. Salads - Check your order. Some salads include fried chicken and bacon. An egg and plenty of croutons may be added. As a rule, I bring my own oil and vinegar salad dressing to the restaurant. The creamy salad dressings comprise of a lot of fat.
2. Fried Versus Grilled. At the restaurant, try ordering grilled chicken. Fried chicken has the fat, additional breading and salt. When you can, order grilled or baked fish.
3. Cooking in All Butter. Fish and chicken are sometimes cooked in butter. This adds fat and salt to your meal. Check with your waiter and order that your entree and vegetables are not cooked in butter.
4. Bread - When you go to a restaurant, bread always comes out first. If you are hungry, the white bread tastes good. To avoid the bread, you possibly could drink water to feel full or have a snack, just before you go into the restaurant.
What Can You Do At Home?
At home, you want to avoid the processed foods. Soup and cheese contain a lot of salt. Soup can contain a lot of calories, so, check for the total calories in a can of soup.
Also, you need to avoid soda, diet soda and fruit juices. These drinks contain sugar, which can add wasted calories to your diet.
What Can You Have?
You could drink water, coffee and tea. These drinks have very few calories. You can also have protein enhanced or low calorie fruit flavored water. You need to drink a lot of water for your diet and exercise.
With your meals, you can add spices to perk up any meal. The calories in spices are negligible. So, supply some cinnamon to your oatmeal, some pepper and parsley to your salad, garlic powder to your soup and paprika to your vegetables. Now, you are cooking!
You Can Make Your Goals!
By counting calories, you can keep your diet and lose weight. Your journal may help you along by providing a record of what you eat. You can count your calories until you have reached your weight loss goal.
You can do it!