Menstruation has many names - period, monthly cycle
Menstruation, also called menses (MEN-seez), is a normal part of being a healthy female of reproductive age. During menstruation, the lining of a woman's uterus (YOO-ter-us) is shed, resulting in blood and tissue being expelled from the body.
Menstruation lasts for a few days (usually 3 to 5 days, but anywhere from 2 to 7 days is considered normal). The average blood loss during menstruation is 35 millilitres with 10-80 mL considered normal; many women also notice shedding of the endometrium lining that appears as tissue mixed with the blood. (Sometimes this is erroneously thought to indicate an early-term miscarriage of an embryo.)
Pre menstrual syndrome: -
PMS (pre menstrual syndrome) or pre-menstrual symptoms, can accompany before or during menstruation, such as:
* Feeling lazy to move, the body becomes weak, and easily tired.
* Increased appetite and likes to eat food that tastes sour.
* Emotions become unstable. Usually easy women moody, sensitive, and other negative feelings.
* Experiencing stomach cramps (dismenorrhoe).
* Head pain.
* Weight loss increases because the body storing water in large numbers.
* Sore waist.
Treatments of specific menstrual disorders also vary depending on a variety of factors. Oftentimes, the treatment is simple observation. Some patients require a manipulation of a particular hormone or several hormones. Occasionally, surgery is necessary to remove fibroids or the uterine lining.
Herbs for Stop Menstruation Bleeding: -
* Angelica is also an herb which helps in menstruation on time and also breaking up the stagnation in the reproductive system.
* Ginger is also an herb it is the commonest herb and easily available in the grocery shop. Ginger also used normally in our daily food. It can be used as fresh or powder. Chop ginger and boil for sometime and then strain and drink. It helps you in reduce the excessive bleeding.
* Parsley is the herb which stimulating a lack of periods. Parsley herb is the common herb and easily available in the grocery shop. It can be consumed as tea. Take 3 or 4 cups of parsley tea if there are delayed in menstruation.
* Rosemary and feverfew herbs are also good herbs for lack of bleeding. These are garden herbs and used for distillation.
* There are many more herbs for menstruation like marigold, mango bark and bark of ashoka tree.